COVID-19 INFORMATION & LIFEBRIDGE Services
I’m sure, like me, many of you have been overwhelmed with the emails and posts on how every bank, business, and agency is addressing the COVID-19 (Corona Virus) pandemic. I pray that you will take just a moment to read our post and share it so that families in need will find that LIFEBRIDGE stands ready to offer HOPE and HELP during this difficult time. To protect the health and safety of the expectant women and newborn babies that come through our doors, LIFEBRIDGE will follow a three-step process to ensure we can safely provide care during the outbreak.
1. We will Prepare by adopting specific policies and procedures and educating staff and volunteers.
2. We will Screen incoming clients for symptoms, ideally before they arrive at the Center.
3. We will Refer clients who may be exhibiting symptoms to appropriate outside healthcare professionals.
LIFEBRIDGE services for the next 3 weeks:
· Suspend Weekly Belong Group - We will have a Facebook Live video you can join, starting at 11:30 on Tuesdays, ending at 1:00.
· Cancel this months Lunch & Learn on the 19th.
· Postpone the Community Baby Shower that was scheduled for March 28th—We will notify everyone involved and post a new date ASAP. (Looking at the end of May)
· All of our current Advisory/Educational Client Services will be offered an online option. We will stay open at this time for individuals and families who are in need.
· Diapers, wipes, formula will be available for enrolled families who schedule a curbside pickup. Non-enrolled families will be assisted on a case by case basis as supplies last.
· CENTER VISITS—Please call ahead, the front of our building is CLOSED due to construction. We have a locked back entrance we will have to open for you. If it is not a vital visit, please make other arrangements.
· Volunteers: We would ask if you would prayerfully seek a food service to volunteer with over the next couple weeks rather than coming here. Please verify your plans with Beverly.
· WE WILL BE BUMPING UP OUR ONLINE SERVICES THROUGH OUR TWO FACEBOOK PAGES. LIFEBRIDGE for Friends and Donors and LIFEBRIDGE-ESSENTIALS for our clients. We will post any updates on local services, ideas for parents with kids at home and links to great resources for you and your families.
We will continue to have regular business hours and will provide pregnancy testing and options counseling but will take every precaution to ensure there are a limited number of people in the building at any one time.
Please call the Center at 803-276-4173 BEFORE you come in to see how we can best serve you!
To our partners, this is a fantastic opportunity to show the love of Christ. If you could help provide diapers, wipes, formula, or Lysol wipes (we have plenty of toilet paper) that would be a tremendous blessing!
Because many people are very concerned right now, I want to leave you with a final word of encouragement. We walk by faith, not by sight. Let us recall the Word of the Lord in Zephaniah 3:16-17: In that day it shall be said to Jerusalem: “Do not fear Zion, let not your hands be weak. The Lord, your God, is in your midst, The Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.
As the situation evolves, we will post any pertinent information related to LIFEBRIDGE & Community Baby Shower plans on this page. In the meantime, please consult official sources for the most up-to-date information on the outbreak.
Sources for up-to-date information:
Official LIFEBRIDGE Communications
Official LIFEBRIDGE communications related to COVID-19 and Center operations will be shared on this web page. In the event of the Center closing, schedule changes, cancellation of The Community Baby Shower or other necessary emergency measures, you will be notified via this page, emails when available and LIFEBRIDGE via Facebook and LIFEBRIDGE ESSENTIALS via Facebook.
Keeping Yourself Healthy
Prepare now by helping to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Individuals can lower the risk of transmission by consistently practicing simple, everyday non-pharmaceutical interventions (NPIs):
Staying home when you are sick or avoiding close contact with people who are sick
Covering coughs and sneezes
Washing hands with soap and water or using hand sanitizer when soap and water is not available
Ensure regular cleaning of frequently touched surfaces and objects. Bleach and water can be used to sanitize. 1:10 ratio ¼ cup bleach to 2 ¼ cups tap water or 1 cup bleach to 9 cups water.
Avoid touching your face and lips whenever possible. (Smoking, vaping and chewing tobacco do not help either!)
Being prepared and informed
Symptoms of COVID-19 include fever, cough, and shortness of breath.
If you are an employee experiencing symptoms that you believe to be associated with COVID-19, please stay at home, contact your healthcare provider, and notify your supervisor to discuss a plan for your absence.
If you are a student experiencing these symptoms, please stay at home, contact your healthcare provider, and notify your instructors for guidance regarding illness-related absences.
Free screenings are available
Prisma Health and MUSC are offering COVID-19 screenings that you can access from home. If you are exhibiting symptoms, go to https://www.prismahealth.org/virtual-visit/ (promo code COVID19) for a free online visit or MUSC.care (promo code COVID19) to speak to an online virtual care provider.
SC Dept. of Administration Q&A (March 9, 2020): This document answers some frequently asked questions from SC State agencies and employees related to the coronavirus.